American golfer Cameron Tringale tied for 33rd place at the recent USA PGA Championship at the Valhalla Golf Course in Louisville, Kentucky and took home $53,000 in winnings as well as 37 FedEx Cup points. However, a week after the tournament had ended he handed the money back as he felt he should have had another stroke added to his final score. The 26-year-old Tringale said he actually missed a putt on the par-three 11th hole in the final round at Valhalla.
Tringale added that he whiffed the tap-in putt and instead of being credited with a bogey four, he should actually have been charged five shots. Tringale contacted the America PGA and told them what happened on the hole. He claimed that his putter swung over top of the ball while approaching the hole before he tapped it in from three inches away. He said he swung over the ball it should have been recorded as an additional stroke.
Gerry McIlroy, the father of golfer Rory McIlroy, cashed in big time when his son won the British Open at Royal Liverpool on July 20. Is seems McIlroy senior knew his son was a very special golfer as far back as 10 years ago. This is when he and three of his pals placed a combined 400 pound bet on Rory winning the British Open by the time he reached the age of 26. The four men made the wager at odds of 500 to 1 back in 2004 and the paid off when the Northern Irishman won the Claret Jug at the age of 25.
Golfer Martin Kaymer of Germany proved he’s no one-hit-wonder when he snagged the U.S. Open trophy at Pinehurst No. 2 on June 15. He won the title by eight shots and also set a 36-hole record along the way by opening the tournament shooting a pair of 65s. In addition, nobody got closer than four shots on him over the last 48 holes. The 29-year-old Kaymer shot a one-under 69 over the final round to beat second place Rickie Fowler and Erik Compton.
Kaymer led the tournament from start to finish and is now the seventh golfer to lead from wire to wire over the U.S. Open’s 114-year history. But just three of the other six finished the tournament under par. Compton said that it was impossible to catch Kaymer and everybody else was more or less playing for second place. Kaymer almost finished the tournament under par by double digits, but a late bogey derailed his chances. Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods are the only two golfers to finish a U.S. Open by at least 10-under par. Kaymer ended up with a nine-under par 271 for the event.
How will golf’s biggest rising star fare in the game’s biggest international team event? Oddsmakers expect Rory McIlroy to be the European Team’s top point getter, but still earn fewer points than Tiger Woods. This will be Rory’s second Ryder Cup appearance, the young phenom from Northern Ireland went 1-1-2 in Europe’s victory two years ago.
Here are your Rory McIlroy 2012 Ryder Cup odds:
- Odds to be the Top European Points Scorer: +500
- Odds to be Top Overall Points Scorer: +1000
- Odds to Be Top Irish Point Scorer: -200
- Odds to Hole the Winning Putt: +1600
- Odds of Getting More Points Than Tiger Woods: +125
- Odds of Getting The Same Number of Points as Tiger Woods: +400
- Odds of Getting a Hole In One: +10000
- Odds of Getting No Points: +1600
- Honest PGA golfer Cameron Tringale hands back $53,000 in prize money
- McIlroy’s dad cashes in 500-1 bet when son Rory wins British Open
- Martin Kaymer goes wire to wire at U.S. Open
- Rory McIlroy 2012 Ryder Cup Odds & Prop Bets
- Tiger Woods 2012 Ryder Cup Odds & Prop Bets
- Rory McIlroy Favored Over Tiger Woods At Tour Championship
- BMW Italian Open Odds: Francesco Molinari Favored
- Rory McIlroy Wins Second Straight FedEx Cup Event
- Charl Schwartzel Four-Putts at Deutsche Bank Championship
- Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy Co-Favorites at Deutsche Bank
- August 19th, 2014
Honest PGA golfer Cameron Tringale hands back $53,000 in prize money
- July 21st, 2014
McIlroy’s dad cashes in 500-1 bet when son Rory wins British Open
- June 17th, 2014
Martin Kaymer goes wire to wire at U.S. Open
- September 27th, 2012
Rory McIlroy 2012 Ryder Cup Odds & Prop Bets
- September 27th, 2012
Tiger Woods 2012 Ryder Cup Odds & Prop Bets
- September 19th, 2012
Rory McIlroy Favored Over Tiger Woods At Tour Championship
- September 12th, 2012
BMW Italian Open Odds: Francesco Molinari Favored
- September 10th, 2012
Rory McIlroy Wins Second Straight FedEx Cup Event
- September 4th, 2012
Charl Schwartzel Four-Putts at Deutsche Bank Championship
- August 29th, 2012
Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy Co-Favorites at Deutsche Bank